1. What’s the most memorable compliment you ever received for your writing?
A few stick in my mind:
- My grade 7 teacher read a short story I had written to our class. One of my frenemies was very cranky about it. She said some mean things. In retrospect I see that both the recognition and the criticism constitute compliments.
- A fellow I didn’t know sought me out at a party to tell me he’d read some things I wrote on a website. Apparently what I wrote changed his way of thinking about relationships. He wanted to say “thank you”. That was nice.
- One of the organizers of Surrey Muse said complimentary things the last time I read there.
2. What was your favorite book as a child?
Can’t pick just one . . .
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- Jacob Two-Two Meets the Hooded Fang by Mordecai Richler
3. What’s the most stressful element of your life, right now?
I’m fed up with my day job and with the fact that finding a new one seems to take a long time.
4. What are you bored of?
5. What are you determined to create in this lifetime?
- Connection with other people
Want to answer these questions? I’d love to hear your answers.